Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wild Flowers

My friend Jen left a comment encouraging more wild flower pictures, and she mentioned she's trying to identify some of them. And since I vaguely remember she studied plants while completing her masters in biology, she'll probably do better then my "purdy weeds." So, fair warning to the botanically intolerant, this post is all wild flowers.




This little while flower was growing at very high altitude, just 50 feet or so below the snow. More on that next post.



This spray of color was prettier in person.




This green plant was also up high near the snow, and it looks like something grown in an herb garden to me.










I suppose this is just a thistle from hell but it looks almost cactus like.








Growing near a swamp



This guy was growing on the edge of some woods in a wet swampy area






No comments: